Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tartine Baguette

I just baked another bread recipe from my favorite book, Tartine Bread. I made their baguette recipe. I left the dough in the fridge overnight to retard and get a little bit of a sour flavor. The loaves took only 20 minutes to cook (versus 25 - 30 minutes in the recipe) which is making me think my oven is running a little hot. Either that or I should be shading the bread from the top element by putting a shelf in the top position and placing a cookie sheet on it. Maybe I'll try that next time.

Anyway, the results were outstanding if just a little darker than I like. The crust was lovely and crisp and the interior light and chewy. Just about to have a couple of slices with scrambled eggs (with crème fraiche), mushrooms and grape tomatoes. Yummy!


1 comment: