Saturday, June 25, 2011

Smoked Salmon

One of my buddies gave me his recipe for hot Smoked Salmon. His salmon is absolutely delicious so I decided to try it. Here was the result:

It was just a little on the salty side, so I will adjust my timings on the next occasion I make this wonderful dish. Here's the recipe:

2 cups Brown Sugar
1 cup Kosher Salt
5 tbsp fresh ground Black Pepper
Fresh Thyme
Fresh Rosemary

Mix all ingredients together. Place a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil sufficient to completely wrap your salmon on a work surface. Put a sheet of plastic wrap on top. Place the salmon on the plastic wrap skin side down. Completely cover the salmon with about 1/4 inch layer of the rub. Wrap tightly with the aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours - no more. Take it out of the refrigerator and rinse well. Pat dry with paper towels and leave for one hour. Smoke for 45 minutes at 180F or until the internal temperatur of the salmon is 150F.

No comments:

Post a Comment